OverDrive App Will Sunset May 1st. Don’t Wait, Switch to Libby!
Attention, OverDrive app users! OverDrive is discontinuing the legacy OverDrive app for iOS, Android, and Windows 8/10 on May 1, 2023, and transitioning users to the Libby app. Libby is OverDrive’s newer app for browsing and enjoying digital content from our library.
It’s time to give Libby a try! All your loans, holds, and wish list items will be waiting for you in Libby when you add your library card.
Libby also comes with new features we know you’ll love, like:
- Tags to categorize books however you’d like—you can even sync your OverDrive wish list into a tag!
- A central bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Customizable notifications for ready holds, new magazine issues, and more
- Compatibility with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Sonos speakers
- Access to Kanopy with Libby Extras!
- Borrow content from other partner libraries with the "Add a Library" function in Libby
- A way to discover and express interest in titles our library does not yet offer with Deep Search and Notify Me tags (available in Libby on March 21, 2023, read more below)
- Easy access to OverDrive support staff
How can you access Libby?
The Libby app can be downloaded for Android | iOS | Kindle Fire.
Note: Our library’s digital collection will continue to be available at https://meridian.overdrive.com/. Want to access Libby on your browser? Visit https://libbyapp.com/library/meridian for the same great titles!
Visit these resources to learn more about switching to Libby.
- Learn more about the switch to Libby, including how-to videos, FAQs and more.
- Discover more with the Libby Help Guide.
- Sign up for a free webinar, offered monthly, by OverDrive, Getting Started with Libby (for library patrons)!
Deep Search and Notify Me Available March 21, 2023
Starting Tuesday, March 21st, a new feature will be available in Libby that helps you find all the content you’re looking for, even if it is not in our digital collection, Deep Search and Notify Me.
In Libby, there are two ways to discover titles that are not yet in our digital collection:
- If you search for a title, author, or series and it returns no results, Libby will automatically expand into a “deep search” to display relevant titles that are not yet in our collection.
- If you run a search that returns fewer than 100 results, you can tap the filter button to manually enable “deep search.”
From the expanded search, you will see relevant results with a Notify Me option. Tap Notify Me to tag titles and be notified if they are added to our library’s digital collection in the future.
Learn more about finding and tagging titles in Libby!