You are here
Extreme Book Nerd
Important Update for Booklet Finishers
Due to COVID-19, the process for reporting completion using the paper booklet has changed. Please fill out and take a photo or scan your final completion page at the end of the booklet and email the photo to Michele at Michele@mld.org to complete the program. Please ask staff if you need assistance.
Extreme Book Nerd Challenge - Official Rules 2020
50 books in 50 weeks in 50 categories*
- Extreme Book Nerd runs from January 2, 2020 through December 18, 2020.
- One category per book for a total of 50 books in 50 weeks, to be read by December 18, 2020
- All books read for the challenge need to be recorded in your Extreme Book Nerd reading log (physically or digitally) with the title, author, and date finished for each book listed with each category.
- To be rewarded for finishing the Extreme Book Nerd Challenge, you will have to return to a library staff member and have them sign off on your completed categories in your Extreme Book Nerd log by December 18, 2020.
- Reading logs will only be accepted in the distributed paper format or via online registration through the Meridian Library District website.
- Books for other reading programs and book clubs can be counted toward this challenge as long as they fit into one of the categories (i.e., Summer Reading Program, Winter Reading Program, book clubs, school assignments, etc.) and are done by December 18, 2020.
- Audiobooks can be counted toward the challenge.
- Books must be Middle-Grade reading level or higher to count toward the challenge.
- All books finished and reported by December 18, 2020 can be counted toward this challenge.
- Participants who finish the challenge by December 18, 2020 will receive an exclusive prize: a fleece jacket with the challenge logo printed on it.
Only one category per book. You cannot use the same book for multiple categories.
*Teens need only to complete 35 of the categories in the Challenge to be awarded the prize. Books beyond the needed 35 will not be counted toward another challenge, nor will another prize be awarded.
Join the conversation on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/