Notary Services are available at all Meridian Library District locations by appointment. Review the following information before completing the form below.
- The notary’s primary function is to serve as an official, unbiased witness to the identity, the comprehension, and the intent of the person requesting the notarial act.
- The person whose signature, oath, or acknowledgment is being notarized must personally appear before the notary at the time the act takes place.
- We have the right to refuse to perform a notarial act.
- Appointments are required. Same day appointments are not guaranteed and will be made only if the notary is available. We recommend submitting this form at least two days in advance of your requested appointment.
- Library notaries are scheduled during the library's hours of operation. Notary service is not available 30 minutes prior to the time of closing.
- Government issued photo identification that is current or not expired more than three years before the performance of the notarial act is required.
- The library will not provide witnesses and witnesses may not be solicited from patrons using the library. In order to serve as a witness, the witness must personally know the person whose document is being notarized and must be in possession of valid photo identification.
- Certain public documents cannot be copied and notarized. Examples of these are birth certificates, death certificates, marriage certificates, passports, and divorce documents.