Writer's Bloc presents: The Untangling Workshop Series
Program Type:Build Your Skills, Do an Activity, Find Support, Join a Club or Group, Learn About It, Read, Write, Talk
Join us for a special Writer's Bloc workshop series with local author, Rebecca Evans.
What must you untangle to become whole?
Trauma writing (poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction) – whether personal, cultural, or collective – can be more than catharsis. It can offer craft and writing skills, create awareness and conversation. Writers at all levels can develop writing skills in order to approach narrative through all genre that sometimes feels too overwhelming, personal, or shameful to pen.
During these workshops, writers will learn:
- Self-Care for the Writer— methods to enter writing
- The Art of Placement—use of line breaks, spacing, and craft to access challenging scenes and dialogue.
- Considering the Reader
- Breath-work and Pacing—as a resource on the page and within the writer’s life.
- Beautiful Language—use of language to offset trauma, violence, harshness.
- Hybrid and Hermit Crabbing—pushing form and structure to access overwhelming story.
- Remembering Writing as Craft – the art of writing is not always to exorcise one’s demons.
- Self-Care for the Writer—methods to dismount from writing.