The Way Past Winter is a riveting adventure about magic, an eternal winter, and one girl's unbreakable determination to reunite her family.
Mila, her sisters, and her brother, Oskar, live in a small forest cabin, surviving in a world gripped by frost and snow.
When a mysterious man shows up on her doorstep, Mila and her family grant him shelter for the night. But in the morning, the man is gone--and he's taken Oskar with them.
* Written by awardwinning and internationally recognized author Kiran Millwood Hargrave
* Inspired by European folklore
* Middle grade novel that explores deeper topics--grief, inner strength, and the unbreakable bonds of family
Determined to save their brother, Mila and her sisters set out on a mission to rescue him. But challenges await them at every turn: wolves with the speed of demons, tempestuous gold, an untrustworthy mage--and always the relentless, stinging freeze of winter.
The Way Past Winter is a classic adventure story in the vein of Phillip Pullman, Anne Ursu, and Kelly Barnhill that evokes the best of the middle grade fantasy genre.
* A beautifully written, smartly paced tale of riveting adventure with a focus on family
* Perfect gift for children ages 10 and up who love fantasy and magic
* Great for librarians and teachers looking to expand their classroom novel collection
* Add it the the shelf with books like Greenglass House by Kate Milford, Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow by Jessica Townsend, and The Girl Who Drank the Moon by Kelly Barnhill.