As a caregiver, you are your child’s first and most important teacher. Your child learns best through play and everyday hands-on experiences, such as reading together daily, playing at parks and playgrounds, shopping together, and visiting museums, zoos, and libraries. These activities also build important social-emotional skills, which will help your child when it's time to get along with other children and teachers, or work on their own without disrupting the classroom.
Compiled here are resources that can help your child navigate from a preschooler to a real Kindergarten All-Star!
Register now for free kindergarten readiness classes for preschoolers (ages 4-5). Classes meet weekly for an hour; sessions focus on different kindergarten readiness concepts - ABCs, counting, shapes, colors, fine motor skills, and classroom soft skills.
Register for ONE of the two summer sessions offered. Each session will include six classes. Please plan on attending all six classes!
- West Ada Kindergarten Registration Information
- Kindergarten Readiness Family Workbook
- State of Idaho Parent Education Resource Center
- Idaho Ready to Learn (Idaho Public Television)
- Idaho Association for the Education of Young Children
- Idaho Head Start Association
- Boys & Girls Club (Meridian)
- South Meridian Family YMCA