You are here
Teen Financial Literacy Workshop Series
Teens are invited to learn the basics of financial life skills in this teen financial literacy workshop series presented by Andrew Bingham, FCS Financial Management Educator from the Ada County UI Extension, on Zoom.
Register below for the workshop series and explore the following financial literacy topics each week:
- Wednesday, September 30: Learn how a bank works, what information is on a paycheck, and about taxes
- Wednesday, October 7: Learn the meanings of credit, debt, and APR
- Wednesday, October 14: Learn about how insurance works
- Wednesday, October 21: Learn what a mortgage is
- Wednesday, October 28: After learning the basics, teens are invited to sign up to wrap up the workshop series by learning about retirement savings in a fun, interactive way; by playing INTERSTELLAR INVESTOR.
- Register here to play Interstellar Investor on Wednesday, October 28.
Please email Mary Flamino, Youth Services Supervisor at Meridian Library District, at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or need support with accessing these virtual events on Zoom.
Zoom Link for October 7 workshop:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 811 6740 6375