There are 5 seats remaining.
The Meridian Library invites you to our Service Saturday. It takes place on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of the month, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm at our Cherry Lane location. Students and community members can complete up to 2 hours of volunteer service in one day. Attend the next Service Saturday for more hours. Spots fill up quickly, so be sure to register as soon as possible. Please bring your parent or guardian with you to sign a permission slip. Please take a look at our volunteer handbook and volunteer policy if you intend to volunteer.
- Volunteers are service-minded, flexible, and arrive to Service Saturday ready to work hard, have fun, and give back.
- Due to the high demand for completing service hours in our community, Service Saturday is currently the only option we have available for drop-in or one-time volunteers. (Volunteers interested in serving regularly and weekly can go through the volunteer application process)
- All ages are welcome for this opportunity, but volunteers are often in middle school or high school
- We work on a number of projects throughout the library for the two hours. These vary depending on needs. Projects can include dusting, minor cleaning, disinfecting, straightening, trash pick-up, aspects of physical maintenance, and often at least one sit-down project for prepping supplies for programs, folding brochures, and helping organize print materials. We may also work on community-centered initiatives during slow seasons.
- We will provide each volunteer with a confirmation of hours served signed by the volunteer coordinator. Volunteers are asked to be productive during time served.
If you don't think Service Saturday is right for you, please check out other opportunities on VolunteerMatch, Justserve.org, VolunteerUnited or call a local service organization and ask about short-term volunteer options.