All locations of the Meridian Library District will be closed Sunday, April 21 for the Easter holiday.
You are here
Are you in middle school or looking to complete less than 4 hours of community service for school? Work hard as a volunteer for Service Saturday every 2nd and 4th Saturday of the month from 10:00 am-12:00 pm at Meridian Library at Cherry Lane. Spots fill up quickly, so be sure to register as soon as possible. Attend more Service Saturdays for additional hours. Please bring your parent or guardian with you to sign a permission slip. Please take a look at our volunteer handbook and volunteer policy if you intend to volunteer.
- Volunteers are service-minded, flexible, and arrive to Service Saturday ready to work hard, have fun, and give back.
- Due to the high demand for completing service hours in our community, Service Saturday is currently the only option we have available for drop-in or one-time volunteers. (Volunteers interested in serving regularly and weekly can fill out a Teen Volunteer Application)
- Volunteers for this opportunity are often in middle school, but high schoolers are welcome as well.
- We work on a number of projects throughout the library for the two hours. These vary depending on needs. Projects can include dusting, minor cleaning, disinfecting, straightening, trash pick-up, aspects of physical maintenance, and often at least one sit-down project for prepping supplies for programs, folding brochures, and helping organize print materials. We may also work on community-centered initiatives during slow seasons.
- We will provide each volunteer with a confirmation of hours served signed by the volunteer coordinator. Volunteers are asked to be productive during time served.
If you don't think Service Saturday is right for you, please check out other opportunities on VolunteerMatch, Justserve.org, VolunteerUnited or call a local service organization and ask about short-term volunteer options.