You are here
Meeting Room Policy
Meeting Room Use
The Meridian Library District offers the use of its meeting rooms to the community. The Board endorses Article VI of the Library Bill of Rights from the American Library Association which states that meeting rooms are available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting the use.
Library, Friends of Meridian Library, and Meridian Library Foundation sponsored activities are given priority in scheduling use of the meeting rooms for programs and events that promote community enrichment, education and recreation, and/or raise funds for the library and its associated non-profit.
The following spaces are for use on approval of written application and submission of fees:
Main Library - 1326 W Cherry Lane
- Large Conference Room
- maximum seating for 100 people, A/V available
- Small Conference Room
- maximum seating for 15 people with a permanent table, A/V available
We encourage applicants to visit the premises in person to see the available rooms. Other areas may be available, please contact the library directly with your request.
Projectors and laptops may be available for use. Equipment will be set up and handled by Meridian Library staff only. Library staff are available to set up audio equipment as staffing allows. Advance notice is required.
Meeting rooms are available during normal library operating hours. Events held outside of normal business hours may be subject to additional charges for time and labor.
An application is available via the website or upon request by phone, email or in person.
Statement of fees: The first hour of fees are waived for non-profits (501c3 and 501c6), government agencies, and the West Ada School District. Those using the room requesting the fee waiver may be required to provide proof of non-profit status.
Cherry Lane Meeting Rooms
Rate per hour
|Large Conference Room||$25|
|Small Conference Room||$15|
Fees are to be paid in advance by check or credit card to Meridian Library District. Receipt of written notice of cancellation at least 24 hours before the scheduled reservation is required for refund of fees paid.
An additional deposit may be required for events where food or drinks will be served.
- No admission fee may be charged for the event taking place in the meeting room. It is understood that legitimate dues and membership fees do not constitute admission fees.
- Rooms may not be used for meetings of longer than three consecutive working days without written persmission in advance from the Director. Meeting rooms will be reserved at least 24 hours in advance and no more than 60 days in the future.
- Programs may not disrupt the use of the Library by others. Persons attending the meetings are subject to all library rules and regulations including the Code of Conduct Policy.
- Illegal weapons are not permitted on the premises.
- In compliance with Idaho Code, smoking is prohibited in all parts of the library, including meeting rooms and courtyard.
- Possession or consumption of alcohol on library grounds at a non-library sponsored event is prohibited.
- Permission to use meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group’s policies or beliefs. The Library may require a statement on any publicity confirming this. Use of the library's logo on non-sponsored programs is prohibited.
- The Library’s approval is required in advance for all publicity and items to be distributed at a meeting in which the public is in attendance. All news releases, publicity or advertisements relating to any program or meeting held in one of the Library’s meeting rooms shall clearly state the name of the sponsoring organization or individual and shall not imply that the program or meeting is sponsored by the Library unless the Library has formally agreed to co-sponsorship.
- All displays and brochures for the meeting will be contained within the meeting room. No displays except directional signs will be allowed in the public area of the Library, including the entrance hall.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse or revoke permission to use any meeting room for violations of the Library Code of Conduct or Meeting Room Policy.
- Room reservations are restricted to those 18 years and older.
Approved by the Meridian Library District Board of Trustees September 16, 2015
Revised May 15, 2019