You are here
Lending Guidelines Policy
A public library collects and makes available materials for a community. This policy establishes lending periods and limits in order to maximize access for all patrons. Responsibility for all borrowed items as well as the use of the Internet rests with the library card holder and/or the parent or guardian.
Obtaining a Library Card
- Meridian Library District residents may obtain a free library card by providing photo ID and proof of address. Limited use library cards may be issued to minors until a parent or guardian approve a full access card.
- Nonresident City of Meridian employees and teachers who teach within Meridian Library District boundaries may obtain a free Meridian Library card.
- Those who live within the boundaries of the Boise, Eagle, Garden City, Nampa, Caldwell, Kuna or Ada Community libraries may obtain their home library cards at Meridian Library.
- Nonresidents may obtain a library card for $75 a year. Nonresidents 55 and older may obtain a library card for $30 a year.
- Lost or stolen cards need to be reported to the library immediately. The Library may charge a $2 replacement fee for excessive losses.
Loan Periods and Renewals
|Item||Check-out Length||Limit per Card||Renewals|
|New Adult Books||14 Days||50||4|
|Audio Books||28 Days||20||4|
|DVD/Blu-ray Films||14 Days||20||2|
|DVD/Blu-ray NonFiction||14 Days||20||2|
|TV Season||14 Days||5||2|
|Video Games||14 Days||5||2|
|Music CDs||28 Days||20||4|
|Playaway View||14 Days||2||2|
|Digital Devices||14 Days||2||1|
The Library circulates a variety of miscellaneous objects (graphing calculators, kits, etc.). For more information, please see the catalog, website or a staff member.
Items may be returned to any library participating in the Treasure Valley Open Access Agreement through the LYNX Library Consortium except when noted.
- Meridian Library District is not responsible for any damage done to your personal equipment.
- Electronic Devices must be returned to the public service desks at Meridian Library on Cherry Lane, Silverstone Branch, unBound branch or the Meridian Bookmobile.
- Only current LYNX Library Consortium cardholders in good standing (i.e. library record is not blocked due to unpaid fees or lost materials in excess of $10) and 18 years of age or older can check out electronic equipment.
Fines and Charges
Overdue fines will not be assessed on items from Meridian Library District’s collections. Charges will be applied for lost or damaged materials from all collections. See Service Charges and Fees schedule for details. Materials borrowed from LYNX Member Libraries are subject to the permissions and fees set by the owning library. Nonperishable food items are accepted as payment for overdue fines of $5 or less per item and donated to the Meridian Food Bank.
Approved by Meridian Library District Board of Trustees March 18, 2015
Revised January 15, 2020