All locations of the Meridian Library District will be closed on Monday and Tuesday, December 24 and 25 for Christmas. Regular hours resume on Wednesday, December 26.
You are here
Check it out! Did you know you can check out items beyond books and media?
Our collection includes non-traditional items in three categories: Activities, Education and Technology, selected to promote and support lifelong learning for all ages.
Visit the kits catalog and use the filters provided to browse all items or learn more below and click on the links for to specific categories.
Digital Devices: Find presentation tools, recording equipment, wireless hotspots and more.
Early Literacy Kits: Foster early learning with themed kits that include books, games, music, DVDs, and more, especially geared for pre-kindergarten children ages 0-4. Browse the kits catalog for themes like seasons, manners, trains, shapes, bedtime and more.
Rascal Reader Kits: Engage your beginner reader and read to Rascal the dog with selected themes and reading levels for ages 4-8. Each kit includes 5 books, one Rascal dog puppet and a Caregiver's Guide.
- Level 1 - Setting the Stage: books contain few words (if any), simple concepts and mostly pictures. Children learn to explore, tell and listen to stories.
- Level 2 - Starting Out: books contain few words, focus on sight words, rhyming and the alphabet, simple concepts and mostly pictures. Children learn letters and letter sounds, early words and sight words.
- Level 3 - Building Skills: books contain simple vocabulary, pictures on every page and 1-2 lines of text per page. Children learn to read simple books, phonetically decode words and learn more advanced sight words.
- Level 4 - Reading More: books contain more complex plots, fewer and smaller pictures and 3-7 lines of text per page. Children learn to read independently, rely less on picture cues and read with increased fluency.
- Level 5 - On My Own: books contain a richer vocabulary, few or no pictures and 8 or more lines per page. Children learn to read independently, read books with more complex plots, characters, and vocabulary, and read for meaning.
Culture Kits: Explore cultures from our local community and far across the globe! Kits may include books, toys, DVDs, CDs, clothing, games and more. Use our culture kits subject guide to continue learning about each topic.