The Meridian Library's Cherry Lane location is open for limited services. To ensure social distancing, we will only allow 5 patrons in the main portion of the library and 8 patrons in the computer lab at any given time. All patrons must wear a face mask. Learn more
You are here
Applying for college is hard and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is intimidating. Whether you are a senior in high school or an adult looking for a career change, the FAFSA is an essential step in furthering your education. Let us walk you through the process.
We will have a presenter from one of three area college/universities at every session to assist applicants with the ins and outs, hows and whys.
Teens are REQUIRED to bring a parent with them, as parental information is necessary to complete the FAFSA.
IMPORTANT: Please bring the following documentation with you in order to fill out the FAFSA
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- A list of schools you will be applying to
For more information on what you will need to fill out the FAFSA, follow this link: https://blog.ed.gov/2016/09/7-things-need-before-fill-out-fafsa/