All locations of the Meridian Library District will close at 6 pm on Wednesday, November 22 and remain closed on Thursday, November 23 for Thanksgiving. Regular hours resume on Friday, November 24.
You are here
Applying for college is hard and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is intimidating. Whether you are a senior in high school or an adult looking for a career change, the FAFSA is an essential step in furthering your education. Let us walk you through the process.
We will have a presenter from one of three area college/universities at every session to assist applicants with the ins and outs, hows and whys.
Teens are REQUIRED to bring a parent with them, as parental information is necessary to complete the FAFSA.
IMPORTANT: Please bring the following documentation with you in order to fill out the FAFSA
- Your Social Security Number
- Your Alien Registration Number (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
- Your most recent federal income tax returns, W-2s, and other records of money earned. (Note: You may be able to transfer your federal tax return information into your FAFSA using the IRS Data Retrieval Tool.)
- Bank statements and records of investments (if applicable)
- Records of untaxed income (if applicable)
- A list of schools you will be applying to
For more information on what you will need to fill out the FAFSA, follow this link: https://blog.ed.gov/2016/09/7-things-need-before-fill-out-fafsa/