You are here
How to Place a Request Through the Library Catalog
Placing items on hold is a great way to get the stuff you want.
Want to be sure to get a new bestseller? Make a request and you'll be notified when it is available for you.
Have books, movies, music, games, and more transferred from one library to another for convenient pick-up.
Please note: not all materials available in the catalog can be transferred.
Once an item arrives at your chosen pickup location, you will have 7 days to check it out. After 7 days, the item will be reshelved or transferred back to the library it came from. Each borrower may have up to 10 items on their request list at one time.
- Start by visiting the library catalog to search for an item by name
- See details about the item, including a summary, how many copies are available, and how many people are already waiting for it.
- Select "Availability" to see which libraries own the title and whether they are checked in.
- Select "Place Request" to hold or transfer the title.
- Enter your library card number and PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number), then select "Log In."
- Choose where you want to pick the item up when it is available, then select "Submit Request."
Next, you'll see a confirmation page. Choose "Continue" if you're sure you want to place the request.
You will be notified by phone, text, or email when the item is available for pickup.