Meeting Room Reservations
Meridian Library District – Meeting Room Policy
The Meridian Library District offers the availability and use of its large and small conference rooms at the location on Cherry Lane to the community. The Board endorses Article IV of the Library Bill of Rights from the American Library Association which states that meetings rooms are available on an equitable basis, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting use.
Library sponsored activities are given priority in scheduling use of the meeting rooms. Fundraisers held by the Friends of the Meridian Library District, Inc. may be held in the meeting rooms. Subject to approval by the Library Director, meeting rooms are available for use by governmental, social organizations, and special interest groups which qualify for 501c3 status. The Library reserves the right to set appropriate conditions for use.
The following rooms at the Main Library are for use on approval of written application and submission of fees:
- Large Conference Room
- maximum seating for 100 people
- Small Conference Room
- maximum seating for 15 people with a permanent table
We encourage applicants to visit the premises in person to see the available rooms.
Projectors and laptops may be available for use with an additional charge of $50. Equipment will be set up and handled by Meridian Library Staff only. Advance notice is required.
Meeting rooms are available during normal library operating hours.
|Large Conference Room||$25 (1-4 hours)|
|$50 (4+ hours)|
|Small Conference Room||$15 (1-4 hours)|
|$30 (4+ hours)|
Fees are to be paid in advance by check or credit card to The Meridian Library District. Receipt of written notice of cancellation at least 48 hours before the scheduled reservation is required for refund of fees paid.
An additional deposit may be required for events where food or drinks will be served.
1. Rooms are not available for fundraising or business solicitations. No admission fee for the event taking place in the meeting room, no matter how or where collected, may be charged by any group or individual using library meeting rooms. It is understood that legitimate dues and membership fees do not constitute admission fees.
2. Recurring reservations for a room (i.e. for the same day or days each month) will not be accepted. Rooms may not be used for meetings of longer than three consecutive working days without written permission in advance from the Director. Meeting rooms will be reserved a minimum of 15 days in advance.
3. Programs may not disrupt the use of the Library by others. Persons attending the meetings are subject to all library rules and regulations.
a. Alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the premises.
b. Illegal weapons are not permitted on the premises.
c. In compliance with Idaho Code, smoking is prohibited in all parts of the library, including meeting rooms and courtyard.
4. Permission to use meeting rooms does not constitute an endorsement by the Library of the group’s policies or beliefs. The Library may require a statement on any publicity confirming this.
5. The Library’s approval is required in advance for all publicity and items to be distributed at a meeting in which the public is in attendance. All news releases, publicity or advertisements relating to any program or meeting held in one of the Library’s meeting rooms shall clearly state the name of the sponsoring organization or individual and shall not imply that the program or meeting is sponsored by the Library unless the Library has formally agreed to co-sponsorship.
6. All displays and brochures for the meeting will be contained within the meeting room. No displays except directional signs will be allowed in the public area of the Library, including the entrance hall.
7. The Library reserves the right to refuse or revoke permission to use any meeting room.
8. The Library Director may approve exceptions to any of these policies. The Board of Trustees of the Meridian Library District may amend the Use of Meeting Rooms policy at any time.
Approved by the Meridian Library District Board of Trustees October 9, 2013